Terms & Conditions
Submission for the Red Ribbon Youth Short Film Competition can be made under one of the following themes:
- Sexual Transmission
- Advancement in HIV Treatment and Prevention (PrEP / PEP / U=U)
- Stigma and Discrimination
The competition is open to all Malaysian citizens and/or permanent residents, aged between 13 – 30 years, in the following categories:
- Secondary Education Students (13 – 17 years old)
- Tertiary Education Students / Public (18 – 30 years old)
- The competition is open to all Malaysian citizens and/or permanent residents, aged between 13 – 30 years, with no entry fee charged. Participants are required to download and read the HIV 101 KIT that has been prepared on the official website before participating in the competition.
- Films should be no longer than 5 minutes, including titles and credits.
- Films must be original pieces of work and contain no copyright material without permission.
- Films should be submitted in high-definition MP4 format through the official website of the competition and our official YouTube Channel Malaysian AIDS Foundation.
- All forms/genre of work are accepted, including animation, documentary, drama or musical, etc.
- English is the preferred medium. Submission in any other languages must be accompanied with English subtitles.
- The primary contact completing the submission process must be authorised to submit the film(s) and must have obtained permission for the inclusion of copyrighted materials within the film, when necessary.
The film must not contain the following:
- Sensitive topics regarding race/religion/politics and etc.
- Any other topics that may contain elements which are sensitive in nature.
- Commercial or advertisement (product placement) is not allowed.
NOTE: Due to the current COVID-19 outbreak, participants are encouraged to use their creativity to work with the limitations of staying indoors during the Movement Control Order and practising social distancing. We do not encourage participants to work with their film in high-risk situations and conditions e.g. crowded places, meeting with more than 20 people in one place.
By entering the Competition, the entrants agree to provide the organiser with the right to use the competition materials to showcase any and all works produced by the entrants under the competition for the organiser’s promotional, education and fundraising purposes. The entrants further agree that the organiser reserves the right to use their name in connection with such uses, but shall have no obligation to do so.
The Organiser, its group of companies and its employees hereby disclaim any and all liabilities that may arise in connection with the Competition Entries. Further, the Organiser and its employees shall not be held responsible for any Competition Entries that are lost or damaged in transit. Competition Entries are automatically rejected if they are incomplete, unreadable, damaged, or otherwise not in compliance with the Competition Rules and Regulations. The Organiser reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, suspend or extend the Competition at any point of time.
The distinguished panel of jury will comprise:
- Yayasan Sime Darby
- Malaysian AIDS Foundation Board of Trustees
- Karex Berhad
- Representative of People Living with HIV community
- Red Ribbon Celebrity Supporter
- Representative of FINAS
- Ministry of Health
- Content: 70%
- Relevance to the theme
- Originality/creative interpretation of the theme
- Technicality: 30%
- Sound editing
- Art direction
Winner of the People’s Choice Award will be determined based on entries with most ‘likes’ or ‘views’ on the competition’s official Facebook or YouTube page.